Looking for fresh, plump, succulent lobster rolls that leave your tummy feeling happy? You gotta try these recommendations.
Ranked in order of amazingness by locals weighing in on the topic.
- Boisvert’s Curbside Kitchen on the Green in Lebanon. This was by far the top recommendation (see featured image). The owners get their lobsters, scallops, and clams fresh from Maine and make the trip multiple times a week. They are not previously frozen and cooked fresh each morning. When I tried a lobster roll with butter, I could tell! Not fishy tasting at all and cooked to perfection (not chewy). My mom had the lobster roll with mayo and said it was the perfect amount of mayo. Lots of large plump pieces of meat on a lightly toasted bun. Cost under $12. Even better, enjoy under a shaded tree in the park. A great lunch option or weeknight dinner. Hours: Mon.-Wed. 11-6:30, Thurs. 11-7 Fri 11-2.
- Rollin’ in Orford. This was another top recommendation people raved about. The owner is a lobsterman and gets the lobsters fresh from the coast during the week to sell to avid hungry customers on the weekend. I love that you can see the owner out on the water catching them on their Facebook page. Talk about fresh! Reviewers say the lobster rolls aren’t just good, they’re the best they ever had. Turn your car around and get more. Better than the Cape and Seacoast good. Wow. That’s high praise! They are located on 500 Route 10 Orford NH on the corner of 25A. I think I’ll be making a drive there next summer. I hear they have lobster grilled cheese my sons will love. A great weekend option. Hours: Fri.-Sat. 11 – 7, Sun. 11- 4. Check their Facebook page for updates before you go and get there early before they sell out.
- Chef Brads Crazy Side in Quechee. People love the fresh lobster rolls here and of course all the other food here too. This is a great choice for a lobster roll while dining out or going with a group. Chef Brads has a delicious unique menu of amazing food (like chicken mango tacos). If you want a lobster roll with great service and upbeat atmosphere this is a local place you gotta try. Definitely another place to add to my list! Hours: Wed.-Sat. 12-2:30 pm, 5-7:30 pm.
- Baited Hook on Mascoma Lake in Lebanon. Seafood on the lake. A lobster roll with an amazing view. Rave reviews for the seafood here. Finish it off with homemade ice cream from Rhode Island (I love the chocolate – soo fudgy tasting). This is a great local weekend dinner option. Hours: Sun.-Mon., Wed.-Thurs. 11:30- 9 pm, Fri.-Sat. 11:30-10 pm.
- Pine at the Hanover Inn. This is a fancy lobster roll: lettuce, pickled mustard seeds, fingerlings, and salad. Made with local ingredients. A great option for a lobster roll while at a fine dining establishment. Hours: 11:30 – 2 pm, 5-11 pm.
Salt Hill in Lebanon, Public House in Quechee, Soulfully Good Cafe, Brownsville Butcher and Pantry in Brownsville, Four Aces, Jesse’s, Harpoon, Hatchland Dairy Farms in N. Haverhill, Panera, and the 99.